- research programme
Wednesday, 20 October, from 10:30 to 12:00
To achieve the ‘Fit for 55’ strategy, we must scale up clean energy. Green hydrogen (H2) ecosystems and repurposed infrastructures are solutions to achieve this goal in hard-to-abate sectors and will be important contributors to decarbonise all sectors. French and Dutch territories will present their initiatives related to hydrogen, both at local and cross-border levels. Public and private sectors will show how they work together to develop common projects scaling-up renewable H2 along its entire value chain and revitalize industry in cross-border areas, triggering many benefits.
Speakers will present hydrogen projects they are involved in, including HEAVENN (NL), BIG HIT (SC), GREEN HYSLAND (ES) and LACQ HYDROGEN (FR and ES). These projects are concrete examples of the industrial synergies between European territories and cover the entire value chain of renewable H2. The session will shift from a local focus to a European one, with the presentation of the European Hydrogen Backbone.
1. Valentine Willmann, Senior EU Policy & Funding Executive, Scotland Europa
2. Christophe Grudler, Member of the European Parliament, member of Renew Europe Group and member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE)
3. Matthijs Soede, MI2.0 Clean Hydrogen Mission Director, European Commission
4. Nienke Homan, Regional Minister for Groningen, Province of Groningen
5. Dominique Mockly, CEO, Teréga
6. Jean-Fréderic Laurent, Managing Director and President of the Board of Director of the major seaport of Bordeaux
7. Enrique Troncoso, Managing Director and Head of the Energy Transition Team, Enercy