The Clean Hydrogen JU is looking for experts to evaluate project proposals in different application areas, including technical and management aspects of projects, from basic research to industrial scale demonstrations.
Experts are chosen from the Commission central database to evaluate project proposals in annual calls for proposals, according to the relevancy of their experience to the specific call topics. Naturally, conflicts of interest with the participants in the specific proposals being evaluated must also be ruled out, meaning that an expert can be selected only if he/she and his/her organisation are not applying a proposal for the related call.
To register as an expert for this current Clean Hydrogen JU call 2023:
1) Expert should register his/her details in the expert database online in the European Commission Opportunities and Tender Portal (Experts module):
2) Send an email to functional mail-box email@example.com informing us that he/she has registered as an expert and providing the ‘expert registration number’ (so we will be able to find the expert in the database which contains hundreds of thousands of experts), including of course his/her interest to act as an evaluator for the current call. This second step is crucially important to increase the chance of an expert to be faster identified and, if meeting the requirements, selected by the Clean Hydrogen JU.
We would appreciate if the experts will register and inform us no later than 1st March 2023.
Working as an Expert in the 2023 call
The Clean Hydrogen JU call for proposals 2023 is published since the 17th January 2023: here
The indicative planning of the evaluations for this call is the following:
Deadline for submission of proposals: 18th April 2023
- Individual evaluations - remote phase: 3 May – 4 June 2023
- Consensus meetings – remote phase: 5 – 9 June 2023
- Panel meeting (in Brussels if possible) : 12 – 13 June 2023
Once we will be notified and after checking the expert profile to see if it fits with the necessary expertise for the topics of the current call, we will contact him/her for the availability (according to the different steps of the evaluation process schedule/planning and deadlines above).Then we will follow bilaterally and eventually contract the expert after agreement on all necessary details.
Selected experts will sign a contract with the Clean Hydrogen JU, including confidentiality and absence of conflict of interest declaration. Moreover, their work and related travel to attend the panel meeting (for the rapporteurs only) in Brussels will be reimbursed. The evaluation process requires a remote/distant evaluation, consisting of an individual assessment written on the assigned projects as well as participating in consensus meeting remotely to agree on the final marking and report within the panel of 3-4 other experts, depending on the type of project. At this stage, we plan that panel meeting, involving only the rapporteurs will take place in Brussels.
On the validity of your registration: once the expert is registered, his/her profile stays in the database for the entire Horizon Europe and for all programmes there. There is no need to register for a specific call. The IT people in charge of the database will contact all the experts from time to time and require them to update their profile.
- Publication date
- 20 February 2023
- Clean Hydrogen Joint Undertaking